Careers at PennWest Industrial Trucks
At PennWest Industrial Trucks, our people are the backbone of our success. Above all, they are knowledgeable, dedicated, customer focused and high-achieving. If this sounds like you, then you should consider joining our team!
PennWest Industrial Trucks is a privately owned, leading provider of material handling solutions head-quartered in Mount Pleasant, PA, just a few miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. In addition, we have branches in Erie, PA, Tarentum, PA, and Fairmont, WV. We are the exclusive Toyota and Linde dealer for the Western Pennsylvania territory, which includes parts of West Virginia and Ohio. PennWest offers great benefits, for instance, competitive pay, excellent health, vision, and dental coverage, and paid vacation and holidays.
PennWest Industrial Trucks LLC is a premier provider of material handling & construction equipment & services in Western Pennsylvania & Northern West Virginia. As an essential business, we have been growing over the last year, and have an opening for a Forklift Service Technician on the 2nd / Afternoon shift at our large client in Tarentum, PA 15084.
The Technician position performs maintenance, diagnoses, and repairs problems on material handling and heavy equipment located onsite at our customer. Our technicians receive: Progressive Training and Certifications, Company Provided Uniforms, Company Vehicle, Tool Allowances, Steel Toed Shoes Allowances, and more!
Essential duties and responsibilities of a Technician include (applicable to material handling equipment):
- Diagnose problems with equipment and determine required repairs and parts;
- Order parts for maintenance and repairs;
- Complete all required documentation of work performed – service reports, time reports, and warranty information;
- Follow safe work procedures and methods using tools and equipment. Practice all company, customer, and manufacturer safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to perform diagnostic procedures and repairs
- Install and operate relevant tests and diagnostic equipment;
- Operate various mechanical equipment – compressor, welder, and generator;
- Mechanical aptitude
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience working in mechanic / technician role;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Diesel, auto, hydraulic, heavy equipment repair experience;
- Mechanical and/or electric maintenance / technician experience.
- Competitive hourly wage, including shift differential;
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and Life/AD&D policies;
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Multiple Special Allowances
PennWest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.