Careers at PennWest Industrial Equipment
At PennWest Industrial Equipment, our people are the backbone of our success. Above all, they are knowledgeable, dedicated, customer focused and high-achieving. If this sounds like you, then you should consider joining our team!
PennWest Industrial Equipment is a privately owned, leading provider of material handling solutions head-quartered in Mt.Pleasant, PA, just a few miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. In addition, we have branches in Erie, PA, Tarentum, PA and Fairmont, WV. We are the exclusive Toyota and Linde dealer for the Western Pennsylvania territory which includes parts of West Virginia and Ohio. PennWest offers great benefits, for instance, competitive pay, excellent health, vision, and dental coverage, and paid vacation and holidays.
To apply, please email your resume to Jennifer Hood, Human Resources Manager.
The field technician position travels to customer sites to perform routine maintenance, diagnose and repair problems with equipment sold and serviced by the Company. Field technicians perform all proposed and scheduled work on equipment.
This position primarily service the Monongalia, Marion, Wetzel, Preston counties of West Virginia, but also surrounding counties in Ohio and PA.
Essential duties and responsibilities (applicable to material handling equipment sold and serviced by the Company):
- Diagnose problems with equipment and determine required repairs and parts. Determine estimated time to complete work and classification of work according to financial responsibility (ex. warranty, billed);
- Explain required and proposed work to customers and, when directed to do so, obtain customer’s written authorization prior to performing work.
- Order parts for maintenance and repairs;
- Complete repairs and scheduled maintenance efficiently and correctly;
- Complete all required documentation of work performed – service reports, time reports, and warranty information;
- Interact and communicate effectively with customers. Develop and maintain excellent customer relations;
- Be aware of sales opportunities. Solicit business when requested;
- Follow safe work procedures and methods using tools and equipment. Practice all company, customer, and manufacturer safety policies and procedures;
- Operate assigned field service vehicle and company equipment safely and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Perform required routine safety inspections. Maintain all required logs of assigned field service vehicle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job essential duty independently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Pass field technician physical capability and lift test (please see attachment);
- Perform complex diagnostic procedures and repairs;
- Install and operate relevant tests and diagnostic equipment;
- Operate various mechanical equipment – compressor, welder, and generator;
- Knowledge of classifications of service work – scope of coverage and financial responsibility;
- Ability to work in industrial environment that includes exposure to significant weather conditions, loud noise, injury, heat, and cold;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Excellent grammar and communication skills;
- Must possess computer skills including company software and Microsoft applications.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience working in mechanical/technician role;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Competitive hourly wage;
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short and long term disability, and Life and AD&D policies;
- Paid vacation days and holidays;