Forklift Planned Maintenance: Top 3 Reasons
Your forklift works hard, and you should want to keep it working hard for as long as it can. This is why planned maintenance can be so important. Planned maintenance (PM) isn’t just for the forklift, it’s for you! When you use PM for your forklift, there are many benefits. Just to be sure, I asked some of our Toyota Certified Technicians.
- Planned maintenance helps prevent avoidable breakdowns!
- When you are regularly scheduling maintenance for your forklift, it may lead to early detection of a potential maintenance need, offering peace of mind. PM makes sure that you are getting that inspection and catching potential problems. It is better to catch these small issues with a PM program than it is to catch them after they have already become a larger issue.
- Planned maintenance actually saves you money!
- One of the most expensive costs associated with owning a forklift is downtime. When you’re forklifts not working, that takes money away from profits. The other way it helps save money is by not having to employ an onsite forklift mechanic. You will also have the option to pay by the month, which can make budgeting for your maintenance more predictable.
- Planned maintenance is good for your trade-in
- When it comes time to sell your forklift, planned maintenance could be the difference of thousands of dollars. If the buyer knows you have had the forklift inspected with a PM program, it shows that you have taken care of it.
PennWest has more than 40 certified forklift technicians in the field to take care of your equipment We also have shop technicians on location in Erie, Mt. Pleasant, and Tarentum. Contact PennWest today to learn more about planned maintenance. Take care of your forklift, and it will take care of you.
PennWest Industrial Trucks
Lifting your industry.