Forklift Technician Careers
FORKLIFT TECHNICIAN: WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Enjoy working directly with the customer, or behind the scenes?
- Prefer a variety of troubleshooting, or scheduled service jobs with known diagnosis?
- Like to work independently, or have daily interaction with other technicians and internal support teams?
- Feel more comfortable with a consistent work station, or prefer visiting customer sites for their onsite service?
As a forklift technician, you are the person to help customers get their forklifts running or keep it operating efficiently with routine maintenance. When you show up, people are happy to see you!
Features of a Shop Forklift Technician:
- Familiarity of working in the same place everyday
- Help from other technicians and management readily available
- Have visibility to upcoming projects
- Keep all of your work tools organized
- Work on large, high-priority projects (full engine rebuilds, etc.)
- Camaraderie with fellow Shop Techs and office staff
Features of a Field Forklift Technician:
- Local travel position; home every night
- Different place to work everyday
- Independence; nobody looking over your shoulder
- Manage your own time
- Meet new people and businesses everyday
- Work tools all available in fully equipped van
The field technician position travels to customer sites to perform routine maintenance, diagnose and repair problems with equipment sold and serviced by the Company. Field technicians perform all proposed and scheduled work on equipment.
This position primarily service the Monongalia, Marion, Wetzel, Preston counties of West Virginia, but also surrounding counties in Ohio and PA.
Essential duties and responsibilities (applicable to material handling equipment sold and serviced by the Company):
- Diagnose problems with equipment and determine required repairs and parts. Determine estimated time to complete work and classification of work according to financial responsibility (ex. warranty, billed);
- Explain required and proposed work to customers and, when directed to do so, obtain customer’s written authorization prior to performing work.
- Order parts for maintenance and repairs;
- Complete repairs and scheduled maintenance efficiently and correctly;
- Complete all required documentation of work performed – service reports, time reports, and warranty information;
- Interact and communicate effectively with customers. Develop and maintain excellent customer relations;
- Be aware of sales opportunities. Solicit business when requested;
- Follow safe work procedures and methods using tools and equipment. Practice all company, customer, and manufacturer safety policies and procedures;
- Operate assigned field service vehicle and company equipment safely and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Perform required routine safety inspections. Maintain all required logs of assigned field service vehicle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job essential duty independently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Pass field technician physical capability and lift test (please see attachment);
- Perform complex diagnostic procedures and repairs;
- Install and operate relevant tests and diagnostic equipment;
- Operate various mechanical equipment – compressor, welder, and generator;
- Knowledge of classifications of service work – scope of coverage and financial responsibility;
- Ability to work in industrial environment that includes exposure to significant weather conditions, loud noise, injury, heat, and cold;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Excellent grammar and communication skills;
- Must possess computer skills including company software and Microsoft applications.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience working in mechanical/technician role;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Competitive hourly wage;
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short and long term disability, and Life and AD&D policies;
- Paid vacation days and holidays;